2.04.2010

Rolling with the punches

I slept until 1:30 today. The Nyquil did its job and kicked in, but not until like 3am, which defeated the entire purpose of taking it in the first place. After I woke up, I realized I felt like hell. I was achy and tired, and all I could really think of doing was going back to sleep. This cold sore will be the death of me. I wish people would get it over with and start calling it herpes already. Isn't that what it is? Herpes of the mouth? Awesome. All I know is that I'd like to slap whatever adult passed it onto me while they were showering me with kisses while I was an infant. If I had had a say in the matter, I would have passed on the kisses. Unfortunately, I had no say.

So, I looked up the cold sore. Apparently, cold sores can also cause flu like symptoms. Which would explain the aching back and fatigue. Great. I don't have the flu, but I might as well have for as bad as I felt.

In the grand scheme of things, today was a bigger waste than most of the days I've spent at home. Not that any of them are too monumental and/or productive. But I'm pretty sure I moved from the couch only to eat, drink, or use the restroom today. I felt that bad.

I would give you a play-by-play of my day, but you could just as well look in my Internet history to find out what I did. A little Facebook stalking, a lot of Facebook gaming, repeatedly checking my email. You know, the usual mind numbing things you do when you're on an indefinite break from being a productive, tax-paying citizen.

When Shawn comes home, I'm always so happy. Always so excited to see him walk through that door. I instantly feel better, less alone, and happier. He just has that effect on me. He doesn't poke fun at me for sitting around doing nothing all day. In fact, he knows that it was probably just as long of a day for me as it was for him. We're happy to come home to each other. I hope we always are.

I cooked a pretty tasty dinner. Not working has given me an appreciation for cooking, an appreciation I was never aware of having up to this point. Italian style porkchops, yum. Shawn seemed to appreciate them, and Fiona certainly did, as she begged at our feet waiting for scraps to fall. Then we cleaned up the kitchen, played some Mario, watched a couple episodes of Lost, and now, more Facebook gaming and stalking. Such the exciting life I lead! Ugh.

I need a goal, I need some direction that I'm heading. That way, all this free time doesn't feel wasted. The problem is, though, that nothing sounds appealing. I was so overworked and stressed out for so long that now I'm content to sit back and let my brain turn to mush. Well, I don't know that I'm content, but it seems that that's what my body is forcing me to do---so I'm just rolling with it. I've been applying for several jobs, but I'm still hopeful that I'll hear back from the company I've been waiting on for a month now. Stupid corporate red tape. I need a job! Don't they understand that?